INDIVIDUAL TREATMENT FOR YOUR INDIVIDUAL SKIN
Award-winning dermatologist Dr Maria Gonzalez established the Specialist Skin Clinic in 2013 to provide patients with the very highest standard of cosmetic and medical dermatology treatments.
Prior to establishing her private practice, medical director Dr Gonzalez had over twenty years experience as a dermatologist, combining clinical work at the University Hospital of Wales with academic Teaching at Cardiff University .
Medical director Dr Maria Gonzalez is an innovator in the field of dermatology and in the treatment of a wide range of skin conditions. She has won many awards for her work and her reputation is such that she is regularly invited to lecture for organisations and companies worldwide.
As an educator, Dr Maria Gonzalez is committed to the concept of continual self-improvement and she has developed and consolidated her expertise in treating a number of skin concerns, including dermatologic surgery, laser treatments and the management of acne and acne scarring, skin pigmentary conditions and hair disorders. She particularly excels in the treatment of patients with all type of skin colour.
Dr Maria Gonzalez believes strongly that keeping abreast of the latest innovations and technology updates is key to providing patients with the highest level of care and best outcome. At the Specialist Skin Clinic, Medical director Dr Maria Gonzalez only offers cutting-edge technology and gold standard products that she is convinced produce both safe and effective results.
Overview of the work of Dr Maria Gonzalez:
- Has 24 years of experience in the field of Dermatology
- Has led all post graduate courses in Dermatology at Cardiff University from 2002 to 2012
- Has been directly involved in the teaching of 1000s of doctors in the field of dermatology with doctors from more than 80 countries having been taught by Dr. Gonzalez
- Was recognised for her contribution to the field of dermatology by being awarded :-
- The Welsh Woman of the Year Award for Education in 2003
- The Times Higher Award for an outstanding (medical) education initiative in 2009
- Has spoken widely on subjects in dermatology and cosmetic dermatology at both local and international meetings
- Has published widely in the field of dermatology
- Has been interviewed and quoted in the national press including BBC Radio Wales, ITV 1, the Daily Mail, The Express, The Sun, The Mirror, multiple women’s magazines such as Closer Magazine.
- Has been featured on Embarrassing Bodies, GMTV Good Morning, Extreme Beauty Disasters, BBC Crimewatch and BBC Wales Today.
- Is Key Opinion Leader for a number of companies including Syneron -Candela, Cynosure, Aesthetic Source, SCHUCO, Sinclair Pharma
- At present is a part time Locum Consultant Dermatologist at the Aneurin Bevan Health Board (Royal Gwent Hospital)